Our association brings together all those who share the passion for Sardinia.
An ethical value that goes beyond the concept of space and time and that unites all those who for reasons of descent, residence, language, culture and interests view Sardinia as a main point of reference.
Many are the friends of Sardinia scattered in the island in the peninsula and the rest of the world who want to communicate with each other and know our land more deeply, both for working, living or simply for leisure purposes.
Our island, one of the most geologically ancient, is now considered a land still spared from the ecological damage that is slowly destroying our planet that still retains a pristine and beautiful sea, with a beautiful coastline and beaches. A land largely wild and not very populated with large open spaces, ancient and beautiful mountains, clear sky, rich in thermal springs not completely untapped, as well as caves, both inland and on the coast, not fully explored, not to mention the examples of endemic flora and fauna, very interesting also because of their rarity.
But Sardinia has a special charm not only due to its nature, it has an ancient culture that goes from the oldest prehistoric megalithic civilization to the Nuragic one. Another important field of knowledge lies in its ethnographic and folk tradition that dates back to prehistoric times, influenced by the folk traditions of the various dominations in the island, from the Shardana to the Nuragic people, from the Phoenicians to the Romans, the Aragonese to the Spaniards. Its popular festivals, including the Festival of Sant’Efisio, the
Redeemer, the Sardinian Cavalcade, that of Candlesticks and especially the famous Sartiglia of Oristano, still fills all of wonder and admiration. And what of its people, simple and fair, whose independence has always been threatened and violated. Example of a people set apart and true to its origins as to maintain the Homeric tradition of the shepherds and …..the goodness of its food, now appreciated and sought worldwide. The island, however, still has many cultural mysteries to solve. Having known long periods of neglect and ruin, looting and involution, now resurrected with a new moral and civil awareness.
Friends of Sardinia wish to contribute with its modest forces to the revival and development of this our beautiful Sardinia.
For more information, contact the association “Amici di Sardegna” Non-profit organization at +39 070651884, or visit us at the headquarters in via Baronia 19 – 09121 Cagliari. E mail: email@example.com
SCHEDULE VISITS IN DECEMBER AND JANUARY
- Saturday 5 Visit to San Sperate and the village museum. Appointment at 14.15 in Piazza Matteotti on the corner of via Sassari, leaving at 14.30.The visit will end at 20 with roasted chestnuts.
- Sunday 6 Visit to Montalbo and Siniscola. Meeting at 7.15 in Piazza Matteotti on the corner of via Sassari. Leaving Cagliari at 7.30. Packed lunch. Return at 20.00. Bring 2 liters of water and walking shoes and appropriate clothing.
- Tuesday 8 Visit the Necropolis of Tuvixeddu. Meeting at 9.00 CTM bus stop in Viale Trento in front of the palace of the Region. Return at 13.00. Wear walking shoes and bring a flashlight.
- Sunday 13 Visit to the hill of Antigori and its ancient human settlements. Sarroch. Departure by minibus from Cagliari Piazza Matteotti and Via Sassari at 8.00. Packed Lunches. Return at 13.00
- Sunday 20 Mining Archeology. Visit Iglesias, Fluminimaggiore (Antas Temple), Cala Domestica, Nebida and Masua. Departure by minibus from Cagliari Piazza Matteotti and Via Sassari at 7.30. Packed Lunches. Return at 19.00.
- Sunday, January 3, – Domusnovas visit the cave of St. John and the nuraghe Domu e S’Orku. Departure by minibus from Cagliari, Piazza Matteotti on the corner of Via Sassari 7.30. Packed Lunches. Return 19.00
- Tuesday January 5, Visit to Teulada Carbonai Trail and Orbai. Packed lunch. Departure by minibus from Cagliari Piazza Matteotti on the corner of Via Sassari 7.30. Packed Lunches. Return 19.00.
- Sunday 10 Las Plassas and Laconi. Departure by minibus from Cagliari, Piazza Matteotti on the corner of Via Sassari 7.30. Packed Lunches. Return at 19.00.
- Sunday 17 Visit to the Park of the WWF departure by minibus from Cagliari, Piazza Matteotti on the corner of Via Sassari 7.30. Return at 13.00
- Sunday 24 Visit to the Sarrabus-Gerrei and Ogliastra, Lanusei and Barisardo. Departure by minibus from Cagliari, Piazza Matteotti on the corner of Via Sassari 7.30. Packed Lunches. Return 19.00
- Sunday 31 Visit to the eco-park of Neulè of Dorgali, the tomb of the Giants of Thomes Genn’e and the village of of Lollove. Departure with minibus from Cagliari Piazza Matteotti on the corner of Via Sassari at 7.30. Packed Lunches, return at 20.00.
- Sunday 7 Mores, Ittireddu, Departure by minibus from Cagliari Piazza Matteotti on the corner of Via Sassari 7.30. Packed Lunches, return at 20.00.